Massage is considered to be the oldest of all treatments used by man. Chinese records dating back 3,000 years documented its use. Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems.
Today, massage is an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs and has proven beneficial for many chronic conditions such as:
- Back and neck pain
- Muscle tension and tightness
- Headaches, and
- Stress relief
Massage also helps:
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
- Improve range of motion
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Ease medication dependence
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscle
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin
- Increase joint flexibility
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
Increase the Benefits with Frequent Visits
Our therapists specialize in a variety of bodywork techniques, which relieve pain, enhance flexibility and circulation, and stimulate healing.
Will My Insurance Cover Massage Therapy?
- The services of a licensed massage therapist may be covered by health insurance when deemed by Dr. Green as part of your treatment plan and medically necessary. Therapies provided as part of a prescribed treatment are often covered*.
*Copays, deductibles, and/or coinsurance may apply. Our billing staff will be glad to assist in determining benefits during your first visit. Exams are usually required by insurance in order to consider massage therapy as medically necessary.